Mankato Maverick and upcoming graduate Janene Vossen talks about her unique role with Maverick Software Consulting, what she's enjoyed most about her internship and what she couldn't go without if she were stranded on a desert island.
Fun Facts about Janene:
Length of time at Maverick:
- Six months; since May 2014
- HR Management, Minor in Business Law
Describe what you are working on at Maverick:
I am working directly with the Office Managers to help with phone screens of the many candidates that apply with Maverick each week.
I schedule, plan and conduct the screens. I also assist the managers with various projects.
- Watching Netflix, working out, hanging out with friends, going shopping, reading.
What’s your favorite breakfast food?
- A sausage breakfast “Sammy” on a croissant from Weggy’s.
If you were stranded on an island, what are three things you couldn't live without?
- Hair products, some good tunes and coffee.
Unique fact about you:
- My birthday is the same as Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen's.
Your favorite aspect of Maverick Software Consulting:
- I love being able to talk to new people every day. I’ve met some really awesome people and have learned so much about the tech industry.